San Tan Racing wants to thank everyone who helped make the San Tan Crit a success,
especially the participants!
[ Results for 2013 ]
San Tan Racing & Javelina Cycles
Present the 6th Annual
Saturday, March 23, 2013
The Bob Pongratz Most Spirited Racer trophy will be awarded to the most deserving competitor in the Master Men 50+ race.
Bring your enthusiasm, competitiveness, and good sportsmanship, and give it your best in memory of one of Arizona’s most respected racers!
Held under USA Cycling event permit# 2013-892
Online registration closes 7pm Thursday, March 21, 2013, AZ time.
Race Day Mechanical Support provided by: .
Over $6500 in Prizes and Primes!
($2000 cash prizes, plus $4500 in gift cards and merchandise for primes)**
|MM 35+ 4/5||7:00 AM||0:40||$30||$60||3||10|
|Cat 5||7:45 AM||0:40||$30||doughnuts||50||-|
|MM 50+* |
(Age groups listed below)*
|MM 40+||9:50 AM||0:40||$30||$180||6||20|
|Cat 4/5||10:35 AM||0:40||$30||$120||5||15|
|MM 30+||11:20 AM||0:40||$30||$180||6||20|
|-- Break/ Kids Races --||12:00 PM||0:30||FREE||Ribbons||-||-|
|Cat 3/4||12:30 PM||0:40||$30||$180||6||20|
|Cat 2/3||2:00 PM||0:45||$30||$180||6||20|
|Women Pro/1/2/3||2:50 PM||0:45||$30||$180||6||15|
|Pro 1/2||3:40 PM||1:10||$30||$500||8||25|
***Juniors receive medals and high fives only. And maybe some doughnuts.
- Junior Age Groups: 10-14, 15-16, 17-18
- Unless noted otherwise, Master events are limited to category 1-4 racers.
- All applicable USAC rules apply.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while on a bicycle.
- Riders lapped or otherwise out of contention may be pulled.
- Event distances and times may be altered at the discretion of the promoter.
- Categories may be combined, split, or canceled at the discretion of the promoter.
- Pit area will be "wheels in/wheels out", and AT YOUR OWN RISK.
All wheels must be tagged with the owner's name & race number.
If providing "team" wheels, they must be clearly marked as such.
- Category 1-5 & Masters : $30 first race
- Additional races: $10 each
- Junior races: free
- Juniors racing Category 1-5: $10
- $10 late fee for race day registration. (Applies to first race entered only.)
- New racers without a USAC license will need to purchase a One Day License on race day for $10.
- Register online at BikeReg.com.
- Online registration closes 7pm Thursday, March 21, 2013, AZ time.
(But please don't wait until the last moment - do it now! :)
- Race Day Sign-in / Registration closes 30 minutes prior to each event's Start Time.
- All racers must sign a standard USAC release form.
- A current USAC license must be presented.
- License Renewals ($60) and One Day's ($10) will be available.
- Mail in registration must be received by Friday, March 22, 2013.
Make checks payable to “San Tan Racing Team”.
Mail payment and a signed standard USAC release form to:
San Tan Racing
c/o Joe Struttmann
1116 W. Maria Ln
Tempe, AZ 85284
- From the upper Loop 202 / Red Mountain Freeway, exit Higley Rd.
Head south on Higley to Ingram St., about 2 & 1/4 miles, just past McKellips.
- Or, from US 60/Superstition Freeway, exit Higley Rd.
Head north on Higley to Ingram St., about 4 & 1/4 miles, just before McKellips.
- From Higley Rd., turn West onto Ingram St. Proceed about 1/2 mile to race parking.